Cheltenham is just around the corner and it pays to be prepared. You could find yourself so busy you lose track of what's important. Here's a few pointers to help you make the most of what's available.
1) Plan ahead. This weekend work out what sign ups if any you are going to do. Prioritise offers by ease / return. Do the easy ones and highest returners first.
2) Float management. Make sure the money is where it needs to be well before it is needed. Make sure your Betfair account is loaded and if necessary call them to revise your limits (standard £5k)
3) Have a back up plan. Betfair will be busy and could collapse under the strain. Smarkets rely on Betfair so if BF goes so do they. Have an emergency balance in BetDaq
4) Cheltenham day of race odds go up the night before at most bookies, get done what you can the night before.
5) Combine Liabilities. Take every arb / narb you can find in every race. The more horses you get on the more likely you are to hit a winner, and so pay no / reduced commission on the winning lays in the race.
6) Relax. It's better to do 80% of the offers available correctly than rush to do 100% of the offers and make mistakes. Once the racing starts you should have all your bets placed so watch it on TV. Some bookies may have adverts during the racing for BOGOF on next race. Be prepared
"All you need to ask yourself is do you feel lucky? Well do you......Punk!"